Your skin is the biggest and heaviest organ of your body and at the same time it is a very complex organ. It has got the capability to express overall health condition of yourself while it protects your veins, bones, tissues and other organs of your body.
Those who are growing older having a smooth and youthful skin are said to be most lucky. Life style with dietary habits has got a great impact on your body to keep your face healthy, young and energetic. Factors like sunburn developed by spending long time directly in the sun, eating too much processed food, smoking and hormonal imbalance will accelerate to severe skin aging.
Although the wrinkles, fine lines, hyper pigmentation or discoloration may be termed as normal part of getting older you can easily protect and improve your skin aging by eating a healthy diet and using skincare products regularly. You can also try some vitamin C serum for hyper-pigmentation to protect those skin problem.
What is Hyperpigmentation:
Our skin color is determined by pigment also called melanin produced by oxidation of amino acid and hyper pigmentation is the excessive pigmentation or discoloring of skin surface. It is noted that it is a most common skin problem effecting both men and women and usually get worsen in older age.
Hyper pigmentation usually appears in different colors like red, pink, and brown as spots or cluster on the skin surface. The hyper pigmented area will be looking darker than the surrounding area. Some pigmentation or discoloration will go away naturally without treatment such as gentle acne marks and some freckles.
But other types will require longer time with intensive hyper pigmentation treatment to fade away. Finally we can say the normal or higher level of melanin is responsible for pigmentation or discoloring your skin.
Sign of hyper pigmentation:
There are several types of hyper pigmentation some of which are easy to treat than others. There are three main types of hyper pigmentation with most common sign have described below.
Sunspots: It is noted that pigmentation or discoloring starts from young age of teens and twenties. Sunspots which are small and flat looking dark brown and light tend to develop on face, chest, neck and hands when exposed to sunlight for longer duration.
These are produced due to increased production of melanin. Freckles are common type sunspot that is common to the people of light to medium skin tones. They sometimes appear as small dots in red, black and light to dark brown color. Freckles get darker the more it gets sunlight and mostly found on chest, arms, face and upper back.
Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation (PIH): It can be considered as many types of skin trauma as it is the result of injury or inflammation of the skin. If you have illness, disorder or hormonal imbalance you are prone to PIH or skin trauma.
In other words if you have acne, eczema or contact dermatitis you are likely to have skin trauma or PIH. PIH can affect any type of skin tone people but mostly affect the people with dark skin.
Melasma: This is the type skin discoloration that can be termed as patches of skin the color being light to medium. It is generally grows on face, checks, upper part of nose and forehead.
Melasma is mainly caused by hormone imbalance and tend to develop during pregnancy of women when taking birth control peel. It increases with direct sun exposure and slowly diminishes as hormonal balance occurs.
- Too much unprotected from sunlight exposure. The UV radiation damages skin and weakens the collagen fiber. He ultra violet rays generate free radicals that damages DNA which can lead to skin cancer. When the skin is exposed to sufficient UV rays sufficient melanin are produced and you are left with only red sunburn.
- Acne is also a common cause that leaves behind brown, red or purple spots.
- Damage caused by different types of skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis.
- Hormonal imbalance or changes during the period of pregnancy of women.
- Inflammation of blood vessel in the skin is mainly caused by autoimmune disorders, metabolic disorders and gastrointestinal diseases.
- Smoking cigarette or other type of tobacco.
- Increased photosensitivity for taking certain medication.
- Sugar, poor diet, sodium and refined grains.
- Skin damage caused by shaving.
- Older age and genetics.
5 Natural ways of improving hyper pigmentation
- Limitation of sun exposure: It is noted that sunlight is helpful for whole body for a short period of 15-20 minutes during pick hour 10 1m to 3 pm as because you can get vitamin D from sunlight. But too much exposure may lead to damage free radical which can alter structure of skin cell may lead to even cancer. In order to protect yourself from wrinkles, fine lines and hyper pigmentation you should wear sunscreen during sun exposure.
Anti-inflammatory diet: An unhealthy lifestyle and diet may lead tophotoaging, pigmentation, dryness and sagginess. That is why a healthy diet and a regular lifestyle are always recommended by the physicians.
A healthy diet offers you a good health neither over weight nor underweight which prevent acne breakouts. If you are accustomed with eating healthy food always you can minimize aging signs substantially. There are many healthy foods which are most essential for human bodies in this respect.
Berries are one of them as a source of anti-oxidant with vitamin C and D to protect skin. You can get sufficient vitamin C from leafy green vegetables that decrease the free radical damage. Wild salmon fish and omega-3 fish are astaxanthin which can reduce imflammation.Eating tomatoes is a source of lycopene which can reduce damage of free radical. Green tea and egg yolk are very much healthy food for your body.
Natural skincare ingredients: Use natural skin cleanser once or twice daily after exercise and before bed. You should try to exfoliate once or twice weekly with natural sugar scrub, Try to apply moisturizer on skin lavender oil, coconut oil, cream, and serum containing Licorice root, Retinoid, Ascorbic acid, Niacinamade, and essential oils.
Licorice root is a very useful plant as rich food that can offer you changing pigmentation, reduce irritation, eczema, and loss of collagen. Retinoid is a source of vitamin A which is very helpful for your body. Essential oils are anti-inflammatory that reduces skin irritation.
- Regular exercise: Always practice exercise till you are sweating that will circulate and support the immune system. It is very effective in body cleansing and blood circulation. It is very helpful to exercise for 40-60 minutes most of the week days. Always try to remain hydrated after and before exercise in order to prevent dehydration and skin dryness.
- Supplements: The deficiencies of nutrients may cause inflammation and other skin problems. Supplements will help in antioxidant with vitamin A, C, E. These can provide vitamin B3, B5, Zinc etc. There are also different hyperpigmentation cream in present market to remove those skin issue.