Nowadays micro needling is growing one of the most popular treatments for your skin to keep tighten, healthy and attractive. This treatment or the tiny therapy is safe, clean and reliable than any other skincare procedure. But the most important aspect is to keep your skin healthy, tightening and rejuvenating for long time and you should be careful during the period of post micro needling treatment.
For this reason you must abide some instructions after you have taken micro needling treatment. Otherwise everything will be in vain. It is noted that while you are taking micro needling on your face a huge number micro wounds are created and you must take care of cleaning, healing and hydrating in a regular routine basis.
You should be very careful in choosing the best serum, lotion, dermapen or any derma roller that suits your skin. Though the price of dermapen is little high but I suggest to select a perfect derma pen instead of dermaroller to get better result.
In most cases when you complete such a treatment your skin will be looking as if you spent long time in sunshine and have some sunburn on skin. Your skin will be looking fresh, healthy and tightened which may last for few hours or up to 24 hours maximum.
It is best to consult a professional skin specialist what are the things to be applied for how many days with their application procedure. There are a number of amazing benefits that microneedling offers us but to make it lasting we should follow some procedures for next one month.
Micro needling post care states:
- Cleaning: You can use a soft cleanser and Luke warm water to rinse your face for next 3 days. Dry naturally the treated area after it and find your hand also cleaned and dried. It is advised that you should not use an electrically powered cleansing brush at least for next 7 days after micro needling.
- Hydrating: After micro needling the treated area of your skin will looking much drier than normal. That is why it is recommended that you need to use hyalunoric acid as an excellent hydrating are resorting medicine for your skin.
- Healing: Antioxidant is best recommended for image transforming which has got the property of reducing irritation and soothing your skin. Thus you can achieve a faster healing process.
- Regeneration and stimulation: It has been found that the treatment by microneedling produces collagen and elastin that help regeneration process and therefore maximize stimulation of your affected skin area.
- Sun protection: It is highly recommended that you should use chemical free sunscreen for at least one week after taking this micro needling treatment.
- Make up: You should not take any make upin the treated area for next 3 days and even you cannot use any make up brush in the treated area of your skin.
Micro needling aftercare tips:
- Should not use any active skincare products during the following week.
- Avoid using any electrically powered cleansing brushes during the following week.
- Avoid sunbathing during next 3 days post treatment.
- Avoid swimming during next 3 days post treatment.
- Avoid any hard work that may cause sweating and harmful for treated area.
- Tanning beds are prohibited during next 3 days.
- Avoid exercise, sports any other strenuous job during next 3 days.
Aftercare micro needling hour basis
Now are going to elaborate the steps more specifically in hourly basis.
First 24 hours:
After microneedling is over the skin will look reddish and flashed as like as moderate sunburn. You will feel your skin a bit tight, healthy and sensitivity to touch anywhere on skin. After a few hours all these will slowly diminish.
As per advice of a professional skincare specialist you can use hydrating complex or recovery complex within this 24 hours.
You should not be involve in any sports or exercise, even in any hard job.
Next 48 hours:
Now you can start use of your normal skincare products unless otherwise your skin specialist restricts. If you can tolerate the sensitive products you can well use. When you feel sensitive than usual you can cleanse your skin with gentle, non acidic. Do not use retinol during this period.
If you find that your skin is not broken you can use make up. If however the skin is broken the use antibiotic ointment. If you find skin flaking during this period do not pull flaking skin. Better use gentle cleanser with moisturizer until flaking disappears.
Next 7 days:
During this period you can use retinol around the frame of face and this should be blended inward. You will use only the approved products by the skincare specialist to avoid risk of infection. You should wear in sunlight SPF or 15 or greater. During this period do not touch your face with hands unless thoroughly cleaned. Always keep your hair out of reach from face
At the end of this period of 7 days you will find visible result. Take a gap of at least 4 weeks before taking the 2nd treatment. Repeat the same process of treatment 4/5 times in total with the same gap. All the steps will be same for all treatments and when the whole cycle of treatment is finished you will 100% rejuvenating with fresh, healthy, young and energetic look.
Micro needling post-care guidelines
- You will feel discomfort and warm sensation for next 24 hours in the treated area just after taking micro needling.
- You will find your skin swelling and a look of redness which is quite normal. The skin will be looking moderate sunburn and slowly healing while the redness will resolve. The skin may remain red for next 3 or 4 days and afterwards it will slowly resolve.
- You should not use any perfume, perfume products, skincare products or glycolic for 3 days post treatment.
- If however you experience any adverse reaction with the use of homecare products you should immediately stop those thing using. Better take advice from the skincare specialist.
- Your both hands should be washed thoroughly and sanitized before touching the face as well as while using skincare products on your skin.
- Dryness and flakiness will happen and will last for 7 days post treatment.
- All other facial treatment is prohibited for 1 month post micro needling. But you cannot stop injecting any medicine in case of emergency as prescribed by physician.
- Tanning bed or direct sun exposure is prohibited. You should use SPF 30 to get sun protection even when it is raining. If you cannot protect your skin from sun exposure it will cause sunburn and uneven pigmentation.
- The skin will look dry for few days and you can use Aloe Vera gel for better result.
- Use of sauna, a kind of steam bath and any other heat treatment is strictly prohibited at least 2 weeks post treatment.
- You cannot take part in sports, exercise or any type strenuous activity for 1 week after micro needling.
- Make up should not be used at least for 3 days post treatment. Of course you should use mineral make up after 3 days post needling.
- You should increase repair of skin barrier as long term protection. In order to enhance treatment result it is recommended to use Flint products with flint.