Risk of microdermabrasion When the procedure is performed with the professional there is little chance of risks. It is found that most of the risk arises due to performing the procedure under un sterile condition or improper application of the treatment.
The patients are prone to infection when microdermabrasion applicator and vacuum are not properly sanitized. If the machine is improperly used at high speed there is a great risk of being the patient’s skin to be perforated. By the fine and tiny crystal that used for exfoliation.
Also when it is used improperly the microdermabrasion crystals can enter patient’s eye. This causes irritation and this type of risk can be avoided only by proper application of the procedure.
When the operation procedure is fully done properly there is a very little chance of risks and treatment done by a qualified dermalogist will reduce the risk to almost zero level. The risk will be minimum when the procedure is done properly by an expert professional.
- Unsterile condition of apparatus and other things may cause infections.
- With improper application of medication will create problems that is the risk.
- Improper use can cause the fine crystal to be entered into patients eye the result may be dangerous and there is chance of irritation around.
- Improper use of the machine can cause damage to the skin.
- The patient may face infection if the applicator and vacuum are not sanitized.
Like other surgical operation all most same type of risk arises after microdermabrasion. Some specific risk includes.
- There is great chance of acne breakout.
- It may happen changing in skin tone.
- The pores may be enlarged instead of shrinking..
- Loss of frackles is observed.
- Redness is almost common after microdermabrasion procedure.
- Rash and swelling is observed sometime.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion:
The microdermabrasion procedure is nowadays so popular there a lots of benefits out of this treatment and often people call it as “instant facelift” or “lunchtime facial”.
The whole process can be completed within 30 minutes only at an aesthetic clinic or a dermatologist office. It is clear that time is the main factor here as people are becoming busy day by day and they call it as lunchtime or instant.
This microdermabrasion is a non surgical procedure and virtually painless. It is completely safe and highly effective to buff away the dead skin cells and regenerate new cells giving a fresh, smooth and healthy skin.
Microdermabrasion slough off the outer layer of skin called superficial layer of skin that stimulate to increase in collagen production and rejuvenation.
Most of the patients get the fantastic improvement within short time in tone, texture and color of the treated area and the results of microdermabrasion will be easily visible. The benefits that are most common may be as follows:
- This microdermabrasion procedure is convenient to apply with any type of skin including dry, oily, sensitive, acne prone and skin with age spots.
- It takes a very short time about 30 minutes only and in our busy life this is a great advantage.
- This microdermabrasiob is a non surgical treatment with no pain and no irritation.
- It is non aggressive and non invasive skincare treatment.
- This treatment of microdermabrasion increases collagen production.
- It removes top layer of the dermis to refill with new skin cells
- It improves the skin tone and texture.
If you like to find out the best microdermabrasion scrub you need to go the detail of microdermabrasion scrub reviews along with its pros and cons.
Safety: It can be considered as the safer than any other cosmetic treatment like chemical peel and laser treatment. Both the laser and chemical peel bring the result after a long time with a risk of bad result even permanent discoloration, scarring and bacterial infection and the treatment s are costly for these diseases. Since the recovery time is shorter there is less risl probability.
Fast treatment: Fast treatment is the greatest advantage for microdermabrasion in comparison with other treatments. Since it takes only 30 minutes for a session most of the people can do this light treatment during their lunch time and can return to their work as fresh and healthy looking.
Almost painless: Another great advantage of this treatment is that you feel almost painless and no irritation. In case of chemical peel the acid that exists can cause irritation while in laser treatment there is a great chance of redness and burns. The persons those who take microdermabrasion may feel some irritation which can be removed by use of topical cream.
Versatility: Since the microdermabrasion exfoliate the upper layer of skin it is considered as beauty treatment one of the greatest benefits. The crystal that are used can exfoliate at different depth of exfoliation.
It is found that microdermabrasion can treat dark spots with several treatments of this type and as such it can tackle all types of issues with a number of treatments only model to its versatility. In case you need to go for hyperpigmentation treatment after microdermabrasion you can do without affecting the results.
Side effects of Microdermabrasion:
It is to remembered that the scarring and pigmentary changes are common side effects in case of laser treatment and chemical peels. Since the procedure for this treatment is very gentle the risk and side effects are minimum. It only removes top layer of the skin leaving the skin fresh, smooth, healthier and glowing.
Considering all pros and cons we can say that the side effects in this case are minimum. Though the microdermabrasion is safe and effective when performed by an expert professional there are some side effects. Also detail study on side effects will give you the knowledge of microdermabrasion contraindications.
- Side effects due to medication against microdermabrasion.
- Severe skin infection a rises to the patients.
- Microdermabrasion sometime reactivate cold sores.
- Aggressive microdermabrasion can cause damage to the skin.
- Pregnant women are prone to infection
- Individual with acne scar may be side effected by infection.
- Aluminum oxide crystal should not be a part of this treatment.