Just think that you are complete new to the name of Derma roller and know nothing about it. We are here to make you understand everything about its use and benefits derived from this tiny tool. Simply we can say that it’s a beautification tool for both men and women.
You know that everyday people are taking make ups and professional clinical therapy to eradicate skin hazards expensing thunders of dollars. But derma roller has come to the market to replace all these things with a little costing and very easy to use even at home alone DIY.
Now you can ask me what is derma roller – the simple answer is that it is a tiny rolling tool or device that can be rolled over the surface of skin on any part of your body. It is a handheld tiny tool about 6 inches in length having a roller unit at the top of it.
The number and size of micro needles varies from manufacturers model to model. The number being 500-600 while the length of these needles varies from 0.25 to 0.50 mm. It is noted that the main body of needle is made of stainless steel but the needle tips are of high quality titanium to have better sharpness and longevity.
So when a microneedle derma roller is rolled over the surface of skin it creates huge number of tiny punctures over outer layer of your skin leading to the creation of new collagen. The word collagen comes from (Greek kola) means glue and gen is generation, an abundant protein in our body.
It is noted that the production of collagen slowly reduces as we grow older and wrinkles, fine lines and scars appear in our face and other places of body. The production of collagen through the application of micro needling is an artificial process rather than natural one.
The shortage of collagen in our body losses the elasticity of skin also. Collagen made of amino acids is a form of connective tissue that creates firmness, strength and elasticity of skin.
Micro needling by the derma roller is capable of exposing deeper skin layer with huge numbers of pores so that your skin will be more susceptible when the skincare products come in contact with the skin.
After micro needling you should be more careful so that skin harming element cannot come in contact with skin spreading infection. Moreover you are to choose high quality skincare products for application on skin. You can check microneedling aftercare tips here.
Major Benefits of Derma Roller
Although some benefits have been described earlier, the truth is that the benefits from derma rollers micro needling are plentiful. If however you are one who suffers from acne, scars, dry skin, weak skin and many more – it will be too tough to eliminate the entire skin ailment but can be substantially reduced by derma roller micro needling.
- Premature aging: Micro needling through derma roller not only eliminates wrinkles also fine lines but also it generates collagen and elastin that prevent premature aging of skin. The skin becomes strong, tighten and healthy after treatment of some sessions of micro needling.
- Hyper pigmentation: Hyprpigmentation means excess brackishness of skin compared to surrounding color. The main cause pigmentation inflammation caused by sunlight. The ultra violet rays is responsible for this inflammation. Micro needling through the derma roller is the best treatment for removing or eliminating hyper pigmentation of your skin.
- Pore size: The clogged pores and enlarged pores look unattractive and can create problems like acne damaged layers, oily skin, blackheads, and more. These are often found around the cheek and nose which can be reduced by the use of derma roller producing collagen as well as thickening the skin.
Perfect needle sizes for your micro needle treatment:
Derma roller generally use different heads depending on the type of treatment and the heads use different sizes of needles, the longer the length will be more severe and prone to pain and bleeding. The smallest size is the best for home use alone DIY. The longer needles are a bit risky to use which are used by the professional in hospital or clinics.
- 0.25mm Derma roller: This size is the perfect size for home use that is mild and not so risky in using. Moreover it facilitates to increase the absorption capacity of skincare products. No pain and bleeding are experienced with the use of these needles.
- 0.50 mm Derma roller: These types of needles are commonly used to treat shallow and superficial damage to skin. Still there a chance of some pain and slight bleeding while using these needles though these are used by the professionals.
- 0.75 to1.00mm Derma rollers: Though these needles are being used by the professional in clinic or hospital they are ideal for removing wrinkles, scars and stretch marks. The nature of this type of needling is invasive and there is a great chance pain and bleeding and needs a greater recovery time of 4 to 7 days.
- 1.5mm to 3.00mm Derma roller: These needles are used in most serious type of treatment you should understand and need to be very careful. The use of these needles is very painful and prone to bleeding which are by the professional in removing severe scarring, skin ailments and stretch marks. This treatment is generally applied in human body rather than face.
Derma roller for acne scar:
The skin blemishes and pimples are not the lingering effects of acne but what they leave behind is lasting scarring. While acne hits on skin it itself response to inflammation. The body will attempt to repair this inflammation producing collagen and elastin after the micro needling treatment.
You should know that blemishes increase the inflammatory response to skin and you need not to inflame skin yourself. Once the scaring has settled down the derma roller can undo it. You will find a prickling sensation while micro needling will cause the skin to be repaired by it. The use of this treatment over a long period will definitely eliminate the scars.
Derma roller for stretch marks:
It is noted that in earlier time the stretch marks were not fully eliminated but it could be substantially reduced with the help of micro needling by derma roller. A large number of folks along with pregnant women encounter stretch marks in their day-to-day lives. Nowadays micro needling with derma roller can successfully repair and even eliminate completely.
Derma roller for hair loss and growth:
In addition to facial treatment this derma roller has got the ability to stop loss of hair on the scalp of your head. Not only it can stop hair loss but also it can help in growth of new hair on your scalp.
The operation on scalp can be used in 2 ways, one when you are using the roller alone and the other is to use combindly with hair loss medication in order to enhance the absorption capacity. The process of micro needling on your scalp increases blood flow to the hair follicles prohibiting proteins that cause hair loss. It also increases absorption capacity of scalp through this micro needling.